4-H Program Grants
Check out these great opportunities for 4-H program funding! If these possibilities look interesting to you or your club members, don’t hesitate to contact the Extension Science, Engineering, and Technology (email@example.com) program for more information and suggestions as well as guidance in applying for these grants.
- 2009 Wells Fargo Environmental Affairs Green Team Iowa Grant Program
- Grants Available for Local Environmental Team/Volunteer Activities
- Contributions ranging from $500-$2500, to non-profits focused on the following three categories: Renewable Energy, Green Buildings and Sustainable Agriculture.
- These categories are not exclusive, but activities in those areas are encouraged.
- Program aims to fund activities that promote team member engagement and local environmental volunteer efforts.
- JCPenney Afterschool Fund FIRST Robotics Team Mini-Grants
- 38 mini-grants totaling $92,500 are available.
- All members of either new or existing teams must be enrolled 4-H members.
- Team must be located in a JCPenney Geographic District
- Team must recognize the JCPenney AFterschool Fund on promotional material.
- Team must compete in at least one sanctioned robotics competition. (For information about FIRST competitions in Iowa, contact the E-SET office (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Deadline: August 7, 2009
- Award Amount Range: $500 – $10,000
- Project Start/End: Aug. 31, 2009 to May 28, 2010
For an application, please email GreenTeamIowa@wellsfargo.com. Deadline for completed applications is noon August 24. For more information, contact Brad Gerndt, Founder & President, Wells Fargo Environmental Affairs Green Team Iowa, GreenTeamIowa@wellsfargo.com, 515-324-2878, cell: 515-291-4376.
|Teams||FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC)||FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC)||FIRST LEGO League (FLL)|
|(age 14-18; teams up to 40 youth)||(age 14-18; teams up to 10 youth)||(age 9-14; teams up to 10 youth)|
|New Teams||4 grants, $10,000 each||10 grants, $2000 each||5 grants, $1000 each|
|Existing Teams||4 grants, $2500 each||10 grants, $1500 each||5 grants, $500 each|
|Total||8 grants: $50,000||20 grants: $35,000||10 grants: $7,500|
To review the RFP and apply for funding, please visit the online portal at http://grants.4-h.org/ . (Note: you will have to register on the website before you can see grant details).
For further information about FRC, FTC, and FLL in Iowa contact the E-SET office email@example.com.
-Holly Bignall, Iowa 4-H E-SET Program Assistant