Do-it-yourself birthday party cuts costs in half!
A child’s birthday comes once a year, every year, and commercial celebrations are costly. However, being creative with party themes, games, and food for a do-it-yourself party can cut costs in half.
Investigate your child’s interests in order to develop themes and color ideas for decorations. Also, try using what you have at home for games and activities. These parties take more time than going to a water park or to a laser tag/bowling venue, but part of the fun for your child is preparing for the party.
General recommendations for children’s birthday parties include:
- The number of guests invited should not exceed your child’s age (5 years old = 5 guests) until the age of 7.
- Make sure to have a sufficient number of adults to supervise (at least 2).
- Think about rules you want to establish and discuss them with your child ahead of time.
- Keep phone numbers of guests’ parents handy.
- Plan time well: 15 minutes for greeting, 15 minutes for good-byes, and activities should be planned in about 30 minute increments.