Fall field day addresses issues every producer faces
An upcoming Iowa Beef Center and Iowa State University Extension field day will help producers tackle troubles abound, from hay waste to pink eye.The ISU Extension “Fall Field Day” at McNay Memorial Research Farm in Lucas County, IA, will be held Sept. 23, 2009, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Attendees will be treated to a free meal served at the farm.
Topics to be addressed at the event by livestock experts are sure to help producers handle common problems they see this time of year and include the following:
- feeding co-products to extend grass and improve performance
– renovating fescue pastures with the “spray/smother/spray” method
– reducing hay feeding waste
– pink eye management strategies
– storing wet distillers grains to extend feed usage
For more information about the event, contact Joe Sellers, Iowa State University Extension beef program specialist, at his office at 641-203-1270, the McNay farm at 641-766-6465, or via e-mail at email@example.com.