Iowa State University Extension and Outreach is offering workshops to address food safety Good Agricultural Practices (GAP). The two, sequential, all-day workshops will be held as listed below. Producers can register for and attend one or both workshops. Many places that serve food to Iowans away from home may request some type of food safety assurance – completion of GAP training provides this assurance to those buyers of your fresh produce. A Certificate of Completion is given at the end of each workshop, which provides documentation that a fruit and vegetable grower has taken the training.
Registration deadlines are fast approaching! Information about the workshops and registration information can be found at links below.
Union County Extension Office, 811 N. Sumner Ave., Creston, Iowa 50801
- Level 1 – Feb. 4, 2016 (registration ends midnight on Jan. 25)
- Level 2 – Feb. 11, 2016 (registration ends midnight on Feb. 1)
Northwest Iowa Community College (Sheldon, IA, Building A, Room 117)
- Level 1 – Feb. 15, 2016 (registration ends midnight on Feb. 5)
ISU Extension and Outreach Davis County Office, 402 E. North St., Bloomfield, Iowa
- MarketReady – Feb. 25, 2016 (registration ends midnight on Feb. 15)
- Level 1 – March 3, 2016 (registration ends midnight on Feb. 22)
- Level 2 – March 10, 2016 (registration ends midnight on Feb. 29)
North Iowa Area Community College, Pappajohn Center, Room 117, 500 College Drive, Mason City, IA
- MarketReady – March 5, 2016 (registration ends midnight on Feb. 24)