Showrooming is a term we are all familiar with; the process of finding an item to purchase in a brick and mortar showroom and then purchasing it on the internet. There were even articles discussing whether there was a need for brick and mortar, as everything may be purchase in the internet. Webrooming is the complete opposite of show-rooming; with Webrooming the consumer finds the item on the internet and then purchases it in the the store. You may think that Webrooming is for older consumers, but it cuts across all generations.
Why to Consumers Webroom:
Particularly when they could just as easy order the product online – why add that extra step?
- 47 percent don’t want to pay for shipping.
- 46 percent want to see and touch a product before buying it.
- 42 percent want to check in store availability online – then go to the store so they don’t waste a trip.
- 37 person want to be able to return products to a physical store.
- 23 percent don’t want to wait for delivery.
It has always been a challenge to be inretailing, but being a small retailer may have just have been given some hope. It will demand that you have a webpage with an integrated shop inventory, just another tool to be used wisely.