Public input sessions scheduled to discuss Smart Planning Taskforce recommendations
At the September 15 meeting of the Iowa Smart Planning Taskforce, a series of draft recommendations (available here) were approved for public review and comment. The draft recommendations are the result of the work of four workgroups – Integration of Smart Planning Principles, Information Sharing and Coordination, Regional Comprehensive Planning, and Local Comprehensive Planning – that were each tasked with addressing one or more of the directives given to the Taskforce by SF 2389:
- Integrating the Iowa Smart Planning Principles into state policies and programs.
- Determining an effective and efficient coordination and information sharing system to support local and regional planning.
- Developing a framework for regional planning.
- Suggesting appropriate technical and financial incentives to support local and regional planning.
The full scope of duties given the Taskforce by the legislature can be found here.
Public input sessions to receive feedback on the draft recommendations have been scheduled for the following dates and locations:
- September 28 – Spencer – Spencer City Hall, 4:30 – 6:30
- September 29 – Red Oak – Montgomery County History Center, 4:30 – 6:30
- September 30 – Waverly – Waverly Civic Center, 4:30 – 6:30
- October 5 – Coralville – Coralville Public Library, Room A, 4:30 – 6:30
- October 6 – Webinar broadcast – More information on accessing the webinar will soon be posted on the RIO webpage
- October 7 – Boone – City Hall Auditorium, 4:30 – 6:30
At each site a short presentation will be made at 4:30, and repeated at 5:30. Information tables will be set up where attendees can learn the background and rationale for the Taskforce recommendations, and where attendees will be able to provide written and verbal feedback on the recommendations.