EPA announces Smart Growth Achievement award winners
The Environmental Protection Agency has announced five winners of its 2010 National Smart Growth Achievement Awards. The awards are intended to highlight projects and programs that showcase the “benefits of adopting an integrated approach where community development based on smart growth principles supports a healthy social and natural environment.”
2010 Award Winners:
* Overall Excellence – Smart.Growth@NYC: Policies and Programs for Improving Livability in New York City, New York, New York.
* Smart Growth and Green Building – Miller’s Court, Baltimore, Maryland.
* Programs, Policies, and Regulations – Making the Greatest Place: Metro’s Strategic Implementation of the 2040 Growth Concept, Portland, Oregon.
* Rural Smart Growth – Gateway 1 Corridor Action Plan, Maine, Gateway 1 Communities.
* Civic Places – Mint Plaza, San Francisco, California.
The announcement and detailed descriptions of each project can be found here.