Episode 10: Mean Girls – And Boys
Kids can be mean — whether on the elementary school playground or in the middle school hallway or high school cafeteria. Learn how parents can deal with this meanness, called relational aggression, in this month’s Science of Parenting podcast.
From the Ophelia Project
- Where students report seeing relational and physical aggression (PDF)
- Physical symptoms of relational aggression (PDF)
Learn more about Sarah Coyne: http://fhssfaculty.byu.edu/Pages/smcoyne.aspx
Learn more about Sarah Coyne’s research:
- Meaner than fiction: Reality TV high on aggression, study shows
- Profanity in TV and video games linked to teen aggression
Additional links to be posted with the news release
- Get short, timely messages from Science of Parenting on Twitter.
- Learn more about Science of Parenting co-hosts Douglas Gentile and Mike Murray.