As part of our program portfolio we initiate programs that strategically integrate resources across the university and land-grant system and are multi-disciplinary, diversified, and address signature issues. Through the Vice President for Extension and Outreach Strategic Initiatives process, funding is provided to innovative projects and programs which through their development will strengthen our overall portfolio.
2015 Mid-Year Progress Reports
(Posted in December 2015)
- Advancing Iowa Local Food System Development
- Consumer-centered ISU Crop Production and Pest Management Web Page
- Data Infrastructure Proposals
- Destination STEM
- Iowa Retail Initiative
- Rising Star Internship
- Healthiest State Initiative
- Integrating Local Food System Development Projects
- Iowa Beginning and Young Livestock Producer Success Network
- Minority Business and Leadership
- Pre-collegiate Youth Outreach and Urban STEM
The objectives of the VPEO Strategic Initiatives are to create opportunities to encourage innovative projects and programs which through their development will strengthen the overall portfolio of Extension and Outreach and focus on signature issues and operational efficiencies. These initiatives are primarily directed at executing sustainable improvements in our program that will
- enhance the quality and accessibility of research-based education,
- improve efficiency of implementation,
- build productive collaborations and economies of scale, and
- support programmatic success along the needs assessment, program development and design, implementation, and impact evaluation chain and professional growth of our organization.
To receive funding, projects or programs must address statewide needs. They must go beyond the fundamental program areas funded with our base budgets to truly allow us to meet the needs of ISU Extension and Outreach clients moving forward.