Baked Potato with Cheesy Vegetables
- 4 medium potatoes
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables or chopped fresh vegetables
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese or low-fat cottage cheese
- Scrub potatoes with a vegetable brush. Poke small holes in the skin with a fork.
- Bake in the oven at 400°F for 60-75 minutes or cook uncovered in the microwave for 15-17 minutes. When done, potatoes will be tender throughout.
- Place the vegetables in a small saucepan and add a small amount of water. Cook over medium-high heat until hot and tender. Or microwave in a microwaveable bowl for 3-5 minutes until hot and tender. Drain.
- Once the baked potatoes are cooked all the way through, split them in half.
- Top each potato half with 1/2 cup of the cooked vegetables and 2 Tablespoons of cheese. (You can use any type of vegetables you like.)
- Serve while hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrient information per serving: 250 calories. 0.5 g total fat, 51 g total carbohydrate, 10 g protein, 6 g dietary fiber, 150 mg sodium and 0 mg cholesterol.
Source: Spend Smart Eat Smart