On July 25, 2012, ISU Extension and Outreach specialists presented a webinar on Crops and Livestock Options During Drought. Links to each portion of the webinar are provided below. For more drought informaiton, visit Dealing with Drought – 2012.
- Introduction and weather
- Current weather and forecast
- Soybeans: What to look for to monitor yield potential
- Corn: What to look for to monitor yield potential
- Diseases and drought
- Alternative crops for forage, soybeans for forage
- Cattle management
- Stretching stressed pastures and CRP hay value
- Drought stressed corn silage: harvest, storage and feed value
- Nitrate risk in silage and testing, treatment and other risks
- Economic considerations
- Valuing drought stressed silage and logistics of CRP
- Calculating crop insurance
- Forward pricing grain and talking to the buyer
An agricultural economics and business website.