While in-person events remain on hold, ISU Extension and Outreach, including Ag Decision Maker, remains committed to serving Iowans. A few resources are included below, and more will be added as needed.
Stress, Pressures, Crisis Resources
- Iowa Concern Hotline: 1-800-446-1985
24/7 Live Chat, free and confidential source of help for Iowans in need
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-799-7233
- Farm Stress Resources – Resources, publications, information packet to assist in issues related to stress on the farm.
- ISU Extension and Outreach Human Sciences, Finding Answers Now
- Ag Decision Maker COVID-19 related articles
- Strive to market fed cattle at optimum weight – even in tough times – May 2020
- Hog producers limited in short-run to change production – April 2020
- Ag Decision Maker COVID-19 publications
- ISU Center for Agricultural Law and Taxation
- CFAP Webinar Replay and Application Resources
- USDA Releases Final Rule for Coronavirus Food Assistance Program
- Replay of April 17 Webinar – An Update for Producers on COVID-19 Legislation & Resources (Since this webinar was recorded, Congress has changed the law to allow farmers to apply for EIDLs)
- PDF of Slides from Webinar
- Extension Farm Management Specialists – Map and contact information
- Farm Financial Planning Program – Farm financial analysis, one-on-one financial counseling (can be conducted remotely), a computerized analysis of the farm business, and referral to other extension programs or useful outside services.
- Chad Hart’s Latest Ag Market Outlook
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Iowa’s Corn, Soybean, Ethanol, Pork, and Beef Sectors – CARD Policy Brief 20-PB 28, April 2020
- Economic Impacts of COVID-19 on Food and Agricultural Markets – CAST Commentaries – QTA2020-3 – June 2020
- Extension Dairy Team – Contact information
- National Milk Producers Federation – COVID-19 resources for dairies
- Dairy Farm Pandemic Planning Guide – PDF, checklist for dairy farm preparedness
Engineering, Facilities, Crops
- Extension Ag Engineering Specialists – Map and contact information
- Extension Crop Specialists – Map and contact information
- Iowa DNR Guidance re: Animal Feeding Operations – see Iowa DNR COVID-19 Response tab for information on DNR enforcement discretions and compliance protocol: Includes information about emergency overstocking of confinement buildings, manure management plans, or related issues. Direct questions to Kelli Book at Iowa DNR: 515-725-9572 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ISU Extension and Outreach, Agriculture and Natural Resources Specialists – Questions regarding on-farm decisions on crop and livestock farms are often unique to the needs of the individual operation. Your Extension specialists remain available during this time.
Farm, Food and Enterprise Development – COVID-19 resources for our farm, food systems, and business clients
Iowa and US Government Resources:
- US Department of Agriculture (USDA) – COVID-19 Resources,
- Coronavirus and USDA Service Centers
- Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP)
- COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide – Resources for farmers, detailed PDF matrix organizes funding identified in CARES Act and other federal resources that can support rural America. Opportunities categorized by customer and assistance type.
- USDA – Iowa Farm Service Agency (FSA) – Iowa offices, map and contact information
- Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship (IDALS) – COVID-19 – Information related to pesticide application, food safety, livestock auction markets, livestock inspections, animal and livestock care; and links to related resources from federal and state agencies.
- Iowa Department of Transportation (DOT) – COVID-19 resources – Includes information about emergency restricted CDL licenses for movement of agricultural goods (ag chemicals, fertilizer, seed or animal feeds).
- American Veterinary Medical Association – Information on animal care, also recommending those ill with COVID-19 limit contact with animals until more information is known about the virus.
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers – Strategies for employers, workplaces.
- US Small Business Association (SBA) – Small business guidance, funding options, guidance for businesses, employers
- US Chamber of Commerce – COVID-19 resources for businesses – Small business guides and emergency loan resources