ISU Extension and Outreach, including Ag Decision Maker, is committed to serving Iowans. Resources addressing stress or recovery from various events impacting agriculture are included below.
Stress, Pressures, Crisis Resources
- Iowa Concern Hotline: 1-800-446-1985
24/7 Live Chat, free and confidential source of help for Iowans in need
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-799-7233
- Farm Stress Resources – Resources, publications, information packet to assist in issues related to stress on the farm.
- ISU Extension and Outreach Human Sciences, Finding Answers Now
Iowa State University
ISU Extension and Outreach
- Ag Decision Maker
- ISU Center for Agricultural Law and Taxation
- Extension Farm Management Specialists – Map and contact information
- Farm Financial Planning Program – Farm financial analysis, one-on-one financial counseling (can be conducted remotely), a computerized analysis of the farm business, and referral to other extension programs or useful outside services.
- Chad Hart’s Latest Ag Market Outlook video
- Iowa Pork Industry Center
- Extension Swine Specialists – Maps and contact information
- Iowa Beef Center
- Extension Beef Specialists – Map and contact information
- Extension Dairy Team – Contact information
- National Milk Producers Federation – COVID-19 resources for dairies
- Dairy Farm Pandemic Planning Guide – PDF, checklist for dairy farm preparedness
Engineering, Facilities, Crops
- Extension Ag Engineering Specialists – Map and contact information
- Extension Crop Specialists – Map and contact information
- Iowa DNR Disaster Assistance – The best way to RESPOND to a disaster is to PREPARE for it.
- ISU Extension and Outreach, Agriculture and Natural Resources Specialists – Questions regarding on-farm decisions on crop and livestock farms are often unique to the needs of the individual operation.
Farm, Food and Enterprise Development – Resources for our farm, food systems, and business clients
Iowa and US Government Resources:
- US Department of Agriculture (USDA) – COVID-19 Resources,
- Coronavirus and USDA Service Centers
- COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide – Resources for farmers, detailed PDF matrix organizes funding identified in CARES Act and other federal resources that can support rural America. Opportunities categorized by customer and assistance type.
- USDA – Iowa Farm Service Agency (FSA) – Iowa offices, map and contact information
- Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship (IDALS) – COVID-19 – Information related to pesticide application, food safety, livestock auction markets, livestock inspections, animal and livestock care; and links to related resources from federal and state agencies.
- American Veterinary Medical Association – Information on animal care.
- US Small Business Association (SBA) – Small business guidance, funding options, guidance for businesses, employers
- US Chamber of Commerce – COVID-19 resources for businesses – Small business guides and emergency loan resources