Mother’s day is a special time to tell our mothers and grandmothers how much they mean to us. It isn’t always easy to come up with a gift that is as special as they are. Here are some suggestions that she will enjoy not just on mother’s day but for many days after as well!
- Gather pictures and print a photo album, calendar or notebook.
- Arrange to take a family picture. Then have it developed and framed.
- Select a flower pot with her favorite colors and plants. Be sure and pay attention to where she can put it. Some plants do better in shade and some need lots of sunshine!
- If she has a tree near a favorite chair or window in the kitchen, get a bird feeder and food. She will enjoy watching the birds and the birds will enjoy it as well.
- Arrange with a local florist to have a flower arrangement delivered each month, every other month or even a couple of times a year. It will be something that she will be able to look forward to and is perfect to bring cheer especially during those cold winter months.
- Give a gift card to her favorite coffee shop or lunch spot.
- If she has a cell phone have a case made personalized with a family picture. Many photo processing stores can do this. Just make sure you get the case for the phone that she has!
- If your mom likes to garden give her some gardening tools or new gardening gloves. A favorite of mine is a pad to kneel on when weeding!
- Purchase rose bushes, day lilies or other plants that grow every year. To make the gift even more special arrange for a time to help plant them together!
Mom’s and grandma’s do so much for us. Coming up with a way to thank them can evolve into a fun activity for the whole family.