John Lawrence’s message from Sept. 25, 2017
Say what you’ll do, do what you say and prove it with numbers. That’s a basic premise of quality management, and it is top of mind as we strive to maintain and improve the quality of Iowa State University Extension and Outreach. It’s everybody’s job, in every part of our organization, to create and share the value and impact of our work. So we’re taking action to get better at sharing our story. Did you know?
- Our updated ISU Extension and Outreach strategic plan will be ready sometime this fall.
- A steering committee is working on developing one reporting system for our entire organization.
- We’re developing resources for public value training.
Learn more in this video message about our strategic plan, our reporting system and our public value.
County Stakeholder Reports
Each fall we ask county offices to create county stakeholder reports highlighting programs with significant local impact. These reports are a good way to help citizens, stakeholders and decision makers understand how we connect the needs of Iowans with Iowa State University research and resources. Our goal is to have all the 2017 reports completed by Jan. 1, 2018, before the start of the next legislative session. In the meantime, you can review the 2016 county stakeholder reports online.
Need Input on County Fair MOU template
A couple of weeks ago I shared that a committee representing ISU Extension and Outreach, county fairs and FFA is drafting a template/checklist to help local leaders develop their own county fair MOU. We’re sharing one video message with the three groups at the same time about the process underway and we’re asking everyone for input on what the template/checklist should include. If you have input for the committee, please contact one of these ISU Extension and Outreach representatives before Nov. 1:
- Bryan Whaley, Region 2 Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 515-341-6967
- Joe Sellers, Beef Field Specialist, email@example.com, 641-774-2016
- Nancy Adrian, Washington County Extension Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 319-653-4811
- Mandy Maher, Fremont County Program Coordinator, email@example.com, 712-374-2351
- Annette Brown, 4-H Youth Program Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org, 515-432-3882
- Bob Dodds, Assistant VP, County Services, email@example.com, 515-294-0013
- John Lawrence, Interim VP for Extension and Outreach, firstname.lastname@example.org, 515-294-6675
— John D. Lawrence
Iowa State University Interim Vice President for Extension and Outreach