Do you have a family child care provider looking for a FCCERS-R class but not wanting to travel or find someone to watch their children in the evenings. There is a FCCERS-R Online course is being offered November 15, 22, 29, and December 6th from 7:00-9:00 p.m.!
Here is some of the feedback we are receiving about the online ERS courses:
“Very good information, glad I participated in this class to improve myself and my child care environment.”
“Thank you! The online set up was very much appreciated!”
“It’s almost like one-on-one learning. I like being able to ask questions as you go along.”
“It was nice to sit at home and not go anywhere.”
“I was great not having to travel! All of the instructors were very helpful and responsive, very high marks on customer service.”
Below are a few reminders about the online ERS courses offered by Iowa State University Extension and Outreach.
Online courses are similar to face-to-face courses:
- Out-of-class activities
- Introduction to the Environment Rating Scales, scoring and practice using the tool
Participants must participate in polls and chat, submit the out-of-class activities, and attend all four sessions to receive the final certificate of completion.
Participants for an online course will have:
- some basics understanding of technology
- experience uploading and downloading documents
- familiar with Microsoft WORD, and Adobe PDF
- positive attitude about online course and a willingness to try new things
- Good internet connection for live session- hardwiring is recommended
- Mobile devices, like phones or tablets are NOT recommended
- Internet Explorer 6 or Firefox web browser
- Most recent version of Adobe Reader
- Must have in order to correctly fill out and submit out-of-class activities
- Flash Player installed and can view videos
Providers can sign up for the online course on the Iowa Child Care Provider Training Registry.