You have more than one credit report. Yes, you know about the three credit reports that come from Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. By calling 1-877-322-8228, you can annually check your credit report for free. But there’s more…
There are two specialty reports that are free, too.
1) Your medical records can be obtained from www.mib.com or 1-866-692-6901. MIB stands for Medical Information Bureau. This organization provides information to insurance companies making underwriting decisions or checking for fraud.
2) Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange (CLUE) is a credit report used by insurance companies, landlords and employers. Request your report at https://personalreports.lexisnexis.com/ or 1-877-448-5732. In compliance with the FACT Act, you can request one FREE report during each 12 month period. Your CLUE report actually includes three different reports:
- Insurance Report — contains information provided via our C.L.U.E. report for auto and property records.
- Employment History Report — contains information relating to your employment history.
- Resident History Report — contains information relating to your tenant history.
These reports are different than your credit report The CLUE report predicts whether you will file a claim on an insurance policy, and can impact your ability to rent an apartment, get a job or purchase insurance.