- Drink tap water and pocket the $25.00/gallon monthly fee for bottled water delivery.
- Shop your local farmer’s markets and prepare healthy meals at home to save money.
- Survey your closets, see what clothes fit, and donate those you do not want to wear. Shop resale stores for bargains.
- Cut transportation costs by using public services. Walk or ride your bike when possible.
- Consider needs vs. wants – ask yourself if you really need a daily latte, premium cable, or a weekly manicure.
- Go to local beauty/barber schools to get less expensive grooming treatments.
- Visit your local library! Check out movies and books and read current magazines.
- Barter to get your children piano, karate, or dance lessons.
- Purchase prepaid phones to keep your family in touch and save on cell phone bills.
- Delay your purchase. When you want to buy something, wait one week to see if you still think the purchase is really important.
Savings will come your way if you try some of these suggestions.