A discussion of changes dairymen should be aware of in the new farm bill will be led by Dr. Marin Bozic, Assistant Professor in the Department of Applied Economics at the University of Minnesota beginning at noon on Thursday, December 27. There is no fee, but registration is required at: http://bit.ly/DMC-2019-FarmBill
The program will highlight and discuss the economic implications of five points:
- Margin Protection Program for Dairy Producers discontinued.
- Dairy Margin Coverage program introduced.
- Low premiums and coverage levels up to $9.50. Discounts for consistent use.
- Partial rebate of net MPP premiums paid for 2015-2018 period.
- No more restrictions on combining crop insurance and Title I programs (LGM and DMC
There will be time for questions at the end of the presentation.
The program is sponsored by I-29 Moo University and Minnesota Milk. For more information contact your state dairy specialist. In Northwest Iowa that is Fred M. Hall. He can be contacted by calling 712.737.4230 or by email at email@example.com.