Throughout season 3 of the podcast, we will reference a number of temperament resources! Consider this your “all things temperament” blog post. This may be updated with additional resources as the season continues, and maybe beyond, so keep this page bookmarked!
General Temperament Resources
Books on Temperament
- The Normal But Not-So-Easy Child: Raising Your Child Without Frustration, Anger, or Guilt by Robert J. Hudson, MD. Resiliency Press, Inc., 2019.
- Temperament tools:Working with your child’s inborn traits. Revised Edition by Helen Neville and Diane Clark Johnson. Parenting Press, Inc., 2015.
- Is that me yelling? by Rona Renner. New Harbinger Publications, Inc., 2014.
- Is this a phase? Child Development and Parenting Strategies, Birth to 6 Years by Helen Neville. Parenting Press, Inc., 2007.
- New paperback edition! Understanding your child’s temperament. By William B. Carey, M.D., with Martha M. Jablow. New York. Macmillan: Simon & Schuster. 2005.
- The highly sensitive child: Helping our children thrive when the world overwhelms them. by Elaine N. Aron, Broadway Books, 2002.
- The explosive child., third edition(paperback) by Ross Greene, PhD, Harper Paperbacks, 2005.
- Temperament talk: A guide to understanding your child. Kathy Goodman, Lyndall Schick, Barbara Tyler, & Barb Zukin. Center for Human Development, Inc., 1995.
- Kids, parents and power struggles. By Mary Sheedy Kurcinka. Quill Press, 2001.
- Raising your spirited child. By Mary Sheedy Kurcinka. Perrenial Press, 1998.