Our February recipe of the month is Cheesy Chicken Casserole. This recipe is an easy, tasty, and nutritious one dish meal.
Some of my favorite dinners to make are one dish meals. All the ingredients come together in one pot, skillet, baking dish, or slow cooker. Homemade one dish meals are my favorites because:
- They are often nutritious. One dish meals typically contain three or four food groups (vegetables, grains, protein, and dairy).
- They are often flexible allowing you to use different types of veggies, proteins or grain foods based on what you enjoy and what you have on hand.
- They are easy to clean up. One dish meals do not dirty a lot of dishes.
- They are easy to prepare.
- They are less expensive than boxed or frozen one dish meals.
Make Cheesy Chicken Casserole your own by changing up the protein and the vegetables. You can adjust this recipe based on the foods you have on hand.