Every March the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics celebrates National Nutrition Month®. This year’s theme is ‘Celebrate a World of Flavors’. Here are some tips to help you do just that:
- Include healthful foods from the food groups. Use myplate.gov to learn more about foods from each of the food groups.
- Learn how to read the Nutrition Facts label. View our Reading the Food Label video to learn more about the Nutrition Facts label.
- Incorporate your favorite cultural foods and traditions. Enjoy foods from your culture and that are part of your traditions. All foods can fit in a healthy eating pattern.
- Choose healthful recipes to make during the week. Check out our collection of Spend Smart. Eat Smart. recipes to include in your weekly meal plan.
- Learn cooking and meal preparation skills. Watch our Food Preparation videos to learn how to prepare various fruits and vegetables, roast vegetables, make a slow cooker meal, and more!
- Try new flavors from around the world. Search for recipes from different cuisines around the world on the MyPlate website.
- Use a grocery list to shop for nutritious food. Use our grocery lists, available in English and Spanish, to write your next grocery list.
Happy National Nutrition Month®!