Broccoli Vegetable Medley
It’s National Nutrition Month and this year’s theme is Eat right with color! Orange, red, white, and green — this month’s recipe brings together all kinds of color!
Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup canned or homemade vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- Place a wok or wide frying pan over HIGH heat until hot.
- Add oil, swirling to coat sides.
- Add vegetables and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to MEDIUM-HIGH; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Information: 42 calories, 1.4 grams total fat, 7 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams protein, 2 grams fiber, 306 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol
Adapted from Fruits and Veggies More Matters website.