- 1/2 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 green pepper chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder
- Brown the ground meat in a large skillet. Rinse with warm water and drain to remove excess fat.
- Add the chopped green peppers and onions. Cook over medium heat until tender.
- Add the water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, macaroni, and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir often to keep the macaroni from sticking.
- Serve while hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrient information per serving: 310 calories, 7 g total fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 620 mg sodium, 42 g total carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 19 g protein