- 1 cup oil (such as avocado oil)
- 1/3 cup acid, such as red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Put all ingredients into an airtight container.
- Secure the lid and shake until the ingredients are combined.
- Salad dressing can be stored in the airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
The size of this recipe can be adjusted up or down by keeping the same ratio of 3 parts oil to 1 part acid. For example, for a small amount of dressing, use 3 tablespoons of oil, 1 tablespoon of acid, and a pinch of each of the seasonings.
Watch How to Make Homemade Salad Dressing, youtu.be/WyHJexS6-j0
Nutrition information per serving: 100 calories, 11g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 0g total carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 0g sugar, 0g protein
Source: This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website, www.extension.iastate.edu/foodsavings/.