- 7 cups vegetables (chopped) (carrots, zucchini, radishes, green onions, broccoli, cauliflower)
- 1 pepper (green, red, or yellow), sliced (1 to 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tomatoes (red, yellow, or mixed)
- 2/3 cup light or fat free salad dressing
- Wash and prepare the vegetables. (Cut the carrots, zucchini, radishes, green onions, and pepper in slices. Make the broccoli and cauliflower into florets. Slice or chop tomatoes.)
- Combine all vegetables and salad dressing in a bowl, stirring to coat vegetables with dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate 1–3 hours to blend flavors. Store any leftovers in refrigerator and use within 3 days.
Nutrition information per serving: 60 calories, 2.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 10g total carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 5g sugar, 2g protein
This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more recipes, information, and videos, visit www.extension.iastate.edu/foodsavings/.