- 1 can (15 ounces) apricots, packed in juice or light syrup
- 2 cartons (6 ounces each) of low fat, sugar free vanilla yogurt
- 8 small paper cups
- 8 plastic spoons or wooden sticks (for handles)
- Drain apricots.
- Chop the apricots finely and mix with the yogurt or blend the fruit and yogurt until smooth with a blender or food processor.
- Pour mixture into 8 small paper cups and put in freezer. After half an hour (when they start to freeze), stand a plastic spoon or wooden stick in the pops.
- Freeze 3–4 hours or until pops are solid.
- Remove from cup to serve. Place bottom of cup under hot running water for 20 seconds. Peel off paper cup.
Nutrition information per serving: 60 calories, 0.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 12g total carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 8g sugar, 2g protein
This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Visit the website for more recipes, information, and videos.