Serving Size: 2 pancakes | Serves: 8
- 2 slices uncooked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded hash browns
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a nonstick skillet, cook bacon and onions until browned. Remove from skillet, reserve 1 tablespoon bacon grease, and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together has browns, potatoes, baking mix, cheese, bacon, and onions. Stir in milk and eggs until mixture is moistened.
- Heat bacon grease in skillet over medium heat. Measure a generous 1/4 c. of potato mixture into a skillet and add three more 1/4 c. helpings into the skillet. Flatten into pancakes, and cook each side 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
These pancakes freeze well once prepared. To freeze, let pancakes cool completely, put in a single layer on a baking sheet, place in the freezer, and transfer to heavy-duty freezer bags when frozen.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
161 calories, 8g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 38mg cholesterol, 412mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate, 1.5g fiber, 2g sugar, 6g protein
Source: Allrecipes.com Irish potato pancakes