Serving Size: 1 cup | Serves: 8
- 7 cups vegetables (zucchini, broccoli, carrots, radishes, green onions), chopped
- 1 pepper (green, red, or yellow) sliced (1 to 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tomatoes (red, yellow, or mixed)
- 2/3 cup light or fat free salad dressing
- Wash and prepare the vegetables. (Cut the carrots, zucchini, radishes, green onions, and pepper in slices. Make the broccoli and cauliflower into florets. Slice or chop tomatoes.)
- Combine all vegetables and salad dressing in a bowl, stirring to coat vegetables with dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 3 hours to blend flavors. Store any leftovers in refrigerator and use within 3 days.
Nutrition information per serving:
60 calories, 2.5 g total fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 10 g total carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 2 g protein
This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu.