Serving Size: 1 prepared wrap | Serves: 4
- 2 green or red bell peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 1 onion (peeled and sliced)
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans (no salt added) (drained and rinsed)
- 2 mangos, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado (peeled and diced)
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (10 inch)
- Use a nonstick pan over medium heat. Sauté bell peppers and onion for 5 minutes. Add beans and stir well. Reduce heat to low. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Stir mangos and lime juice in a small bowl. Add cilantro and avocado. Reserve half the mixture for topping.
- Fill warmed tortillas. Use 1/4 bean mixture and 1/4 mango mixture.
- Fold over ends of the tortilla. Roll up to make wraps. Top wraps with the rest of the mango mixture.
Nutrition information per serving:
464 calories, 12g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 76g total carbohydrate, 19g fiber, 0g added sugar,
Adapted from MyPlate Kitchen, www.choosemyplate.gov/recipes/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-snap/veggie-bean-wrap