Serving Size: 1 | Serves: 12
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in 100% juice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven 350°F. Line muffin tin or spray with cooking spray.
- Drain juice from pineapple into a bowl. Save the juice for step 4. Dab pineapple with paper towel to dry.
- Whisk whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, oil, vanilla, and 1/4 cup of the saved pineapple juice until combined. Beat in eggs. Stir in crushed pineapple.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Divide batter into muffin tins.
- Bake until golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 18–20 minutes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information per serving:
170 calories, 4.5g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 30mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 29g total carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 15g sugar, 3g protein
Recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website .