Serving Size: 3 cups salad with 2 tablespoons dressing | Serves: 4
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil (canola or vegetable)
- 8 cups greens (romaine or spinach)
- 2 cups vegetables, chopped (broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, peppers, onions, or tomato)
- 2 cups fruit, chopped (apples, berries, grapes, or oranges)
- Combine the first four ingredients (dressing) in a container with a screw top. Close tightly and shake until combined. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use (up to 1 week).
- For each salad, top 2 cups of greens with 1/2 cup vegetables and 1/2 cup fruit.
- Take dressing from the refrigerator and shake hard to combine ingredients again. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of dressing onto each salad.
Nutrition information per serving:
160 calories, 7g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 21g total carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 14g sugar, 3g protein
Recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. (spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu)