There are several ways to exercise and stay active. Many people think they must spend a lot of money on exercise programs or special equipment. Here are some ways to get active without spending money.
- Check out the physical activity videos on the Spend Smart Eat Smart website, spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu/video-category/physicalactivity.
- Walk more. Aim for 30 minutes daily.
- Play with your kids or pets. Keeping up with their unlimited energy is a good workout.
- Clean your house, wash the car or mow the lawn.
- Use free local workouts. Check your community calendar for free or reduced priced classes.
- Dance! One can burn lots of calories in a short period of time.
Physical activity is vital to overall health. Get active and start feeling better today.
Sources: Health.gov, health.gov