Serving Size: 2/3 cup fries and 1 tablespoon dip | Serves: 6
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 1 tablespoon oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, chili powder, or paprika
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rinse potatoes under running water. Scrub potatoes well.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Lay each potato half fat and slice into half-round shapes about ¼” thick.
- Combine potatoes, oil, and salt in a bowl. Stir so potatoes are covered with oil.
- Grease cookie sheet with oil and lay potato slices in a single layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- Mix the dip ingredients together while potatoes are baking.
- Serve immediately. These are best when served hot.
Nutrition information per serving: 150 calories, 4g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 5mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 26g total carbohydrate, 3g fber, 6g sugar, 2g protein
This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu