Can’t go to the gym? Make your own at home, using these suggestions.
- Make your own weights. Use canned goods or fill recycled milk jugs with water or sand.
- Make your own resistance bands using old nylons or tights.
- Walk up and down your stairs to replace the step machine workout. Play some music to keep you going. Increase the workout by adding a new song each time.
- A jump rope is a great option for cardio workouts at home. It’s more affordable than a treadmill or exercise bike.
- Use free smart phone apps or computer programs to plan or track your workouts.
- Use an exercise ball instead of bench and exercise equipment. Use the ball to do crunches, push-ups, chest presses, and more.
- Need a yoga mat? Use a towel during stretching, yoga, or core exercises. It also prevents your hands and feet from sliding during exercises.