Serving Size: 1 energy bite | Serves: 25
- 1 1/2 cups oats (old fashioned or quick)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut fakes
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto the cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Roll each drop of mixture into a ball. Place in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information per serving:
90 calories, 5g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 10g total carbohydrate, 2g fber, 5g sugar, 2g protein
This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit spendsmart.extension.iastate. edu