Serving Size: 1 slice | Serves: 4
- 2 cups vegetables, chopped (mushrooms, onions, peppers, tomatoes)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Heat an oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add vegetables and sauté until tender (3–5 minutes). Reduce heat to medium low.
- While vegetables are cooking, beat eggs and milk together in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir cheese into eggs.
- Turn oven broiler to high.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Cover with a lid. Cook until eggs are nearly set—about 6 minutes. Do not stir and do not remove lid.
- Remove lid from skillet and place skillet in the oven. Broil until eggs are completely set and lightly browned (2–3 minutes).
Nutrition information per serving:
190 calories, 12g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 295mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 5g total carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 3g sugar, 14g protein
This information is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit Spend Smart. Eat Smart., spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu.