Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups | Serves: 6
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 14-ounce cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 10.75-ounce can reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups chopped cooked skinless turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add onions, mushrooms, and minced garlic (if using); cook, stirring often, until onion is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, broth, soup, and rice. Cover and cook until rice is nearly tender (15 to 20 minutes).
- Stir in the broccoli and turkey; return to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until broccoli is tender and turkey is heated through (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat; stir in freshly ground black pepper.
Nutrition information per serving:
310 calories, 7g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 40mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 40g total carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 5g sugar, 23g protein
This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu