Serving Size: 1 potato | Serves: 4
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 cup black beans (drained and rinsed if canned)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup corn (canned or frozen)
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Scrub potatoes and prick with fork. Bake for 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Stir together beans, salsa, and corn in a saucepan about 10 minutes before the potatoes are done. Heat over medium heat until simmering.
- Remove potatoes from oven. Cut in half lengthwise on plates. Spoon bean mixture over the top of each potato.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over each potato.
Nutrition information per serving:
380 calories, 10g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 30mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 59g total carbohydrate, 11g fiber, 5g sugar, 17g protein
This information is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit Spend Smart. Eat Smart., spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu.