Serving Size: 1/4 cup tzatziki with 6 pita chips | Serves: 8
- 1 cucumber (cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (peeled and minced) (about 1–2 cloves)
- 2 containers (6 ounces each) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill and/or fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dried basil, parsley, garlic powder (optional)
- Use a spoon to scrape out seeds from the cucumber. Dice the cucumber into small pieces or shred with a grater.
- Spread cucumber on paper towels on top of a clean kitchen towel. Roll up the towels and squeeze to remove excess liquid. Transfer dry cucumber to a large bowl.
- Add the garlic, yogurt, dried dill or fresh mint, salt, and olive oil. Mix. Cover and refrigerate until served.
- Serve with baked pita chips.
Nutrition information per serving:
210 calories, 7g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 5mg cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 29g total carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 2g sugar, 8g protein. This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu