Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Serves: 6
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon homemade taco seasoning mix
- 3 cups water
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Stir all ingredients together in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Use cooked lentils as the filling for lentil tacos, burrito bowls, or taco salads.
Nutrition information per serving:
120 calories, 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 23g total carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 2g sugar, 8g protein
This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu