When it comes to being physically active, consistency is key. Knowing your challenges and taking steps to overcome them will help you develop and maintain a physical activity routine. Here are a few tips to help you achieve the goal of regular physical activity.
- Know Your Why. What will keep you going?
- Make a plan. You could commit to the same time each day. Follow a workout plan to stay on track and be accountable.
- Set reminders. These alert you it’s time to get active. Try setting an alarm or keeping your workout clothes in your work bag. Reminders can be important in creating routines.
- Make it easy. You are more likely to stick with a plan that fits your fitness level. Park further from the store. Take the stairs. Even 10-minute walks throughout the day add up!
- Track your progress. Track your progress. Hold yourself accountable and check in on yourself.
- Make it enjoyable. Make it interesting and fun!
Exercise isn’t about doing it every day or being “motivated enough.” It’s about moving more!
Learn more about physical activity at go.iastate.edu/EYOYWI