Serving Size: 3/4 cup | Serves: 5
- 2 zucchini, small (sliced)
- 2 yellow squash, small (sliced)
- 4 red potatoes, small (scrubbed well and sliced)
- 1/2 red onion (sliced)
- 1/2 bell pepper (red or green, seeded and sliced)
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing, light
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat grill to medium heat or 350°F.
- Wash vegetables and slice.
- Toss in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss until vegetables are coated.
- Tear 2 large squares of aluminum foil and place half of the vegetable mixture on each piece. Place an equal piece of foil over the top of the vegetable mixture and fold bottom piece with top sheet to form a packet.
- Place on heated grill for 20–30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. If you don’t have a grill, bake Veggie Packets in the oven at 400°F for 20–30 minutes.
- Before you open the packets, poke holes in the foil with a fork. Be careful opening the foil because the steam will be very hot and could burn you!
- Empty vegetables onto serving plate or serve from foil packets.
Nutrition information per serving:
133 calories, 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 29g total carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 5g sugar, 4g protein. This recipe is courtesy of MyPlate website, USDA MyPlate Recipes, www.myplate.gov/myplate-kitchen/recipes.