Serving Size: 2 tablespoons | Serves: 8
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans (drained and rinsed) (cannellini, great northern, or navy)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil (canola or olive)
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried herb (basil, parsley, oregano, rosemary)
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Serve right away or refrigerate in a covered container for up to 4 days.
- Serve with cut up vegetables or crackers. Use as a spread for a wrap or sandwich.
Nutrition information per serving:
90 calories, 3.5g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 11g total carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 0g sugar, 4g protein.
This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website.
For more information, recipes, and videos, visit spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu