Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups | Serves: 5
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) Mexican style tomatoes
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen (or canned) corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup prepared instant brown rice (1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix the tomatoes, black beans, corn, chili powder, and chicken in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Add the cooked rice and stir thoroughly. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition information per serving:
360 calories, 4.5g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 55mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 50g total carbohydrate, 10g fiber, 6g sugar, 31g protein. This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit Spend Smart. Eat Smart., spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu.