- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 apple (cored and diced)
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped (about 1 rib)
- 1/3 cup light ranch dressing or creamy salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Combine chicken, apple, and celery in a medium bowl. Add dressing and pepper and stir to coat. Stir in pecans or walnuts, if desired.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Serve on a lettuce leaf; spread on bread, tortillas, or a sandwich; or spoon into a halved tomato or cucumber.
Nutrition information per serving: 230 calories, 10g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 80mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 11g total carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 6g sugar, 25g protein
This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart website. For more recipes, information, and videos, visit www.extension.iastate.edu/foodsavings/.