Serving Size: 8 ounces | Serves: 8
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 containers (6 ounces each) nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 3 cups leafy greens, washed (kale or spinach)
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen berries
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- Put bananas, yogurt, and greens in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add berries to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add milk to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or freeze in individual servings.
Nutrition information per serving:
90 calories, 0.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 20g total carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 12g sugar, 4g protein.
This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu