1 cup diced potatoes (1 medium potato)
1/2 cup diced onions (1/2 medium onion)
1 cup diced bell peppers (1 medium pepper)
8 beaten eggs
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup shredded 2% reduced-fat cheddar cheese
8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
1. Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Cook the potatoes for 6 to 10 minutes over medium heat.
2. Add onions and peppers to the potatoes. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the potatoes are browned.
3. Add beaten eggs to the vegetable mixture. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat. Stir off and on until there is no liquid.
4. Stir in the garlic powder and pepper.
5. Make each burrito by placing 2 tablespoons of cheese and 1/2 cup of the egg mixture on the tortilla and rolling up. Serve or freeze.
Nutrition information per serving: 270 calories, 9 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 31 g carbohydrates, 14 g protein, 190 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 2 g fiber
This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more recipes, information, and videos, visit http://www.extension.iastate.edu/foodsavings/.