Serving Size: 1 muffn | Serves: 6
- 2 cups vegetables (washed and diced)
- (broccoli, red or green peppers, onion) • 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Add chopped vegetables to muffin tin.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Stir in salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour eggs into the muffin tin and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the tin from the oven during the last 3 minutes of baking. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the muffins and return the tin to the oven.
- Bake until the temperature reaches 160oF or a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Use other vegetables such as mushrooms, tomato, or spinach instead of broccoli and peppers. Diced means to cut into small pieces (1/4 inch or less).
Nutrition information per serving:
110 calories, 6g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 190mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 4g total carbohydrate, 1g fber, 2g sugar, 8g protein
This information is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit Spend Smart. Eat Smart., spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu.