- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 small apples, peeled and cored
- 6 square 12-inch egg roll wrappers
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray six muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon water. Roll peeled apples in mixture until coated.
- Place one apple in center of egg roll wrapper. Bring corners up to the top of the apple, pressing and folding to seal the edges.
- Place each dumpling in muffin cup and lightly spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
Nutrient information per serving: 190 calories, 1 g total fat, 190 mg sodium, 43 g total carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
- 1 peach (or 1 cup juice-packed peaches, drained)
- 1 apple (Granny Smith are excellent)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- Wash and chop peach, apple, and berries into small pieces.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve with baked cinnamon chips.
- Serve as a snack, appetizer, or dessert.
- Use a variety of favorite red berries.
- Add 1 Tablespoon brown sugar if desired.
*Enjoy this beautiful red dessert for Valentine’s Day. Serve in a clear glass dish surrounded by cinnamon chips.
Nutrient information per serving 39 calories, .2 g fat, 9.9 g carbohydrates, .6 g carbohydrates, .7 mg sodium, 1.9 g dietary fiber
Serves: 4 (8 chips per serving)
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4-8 teaspoons water
- Spoon a small amount of water on flour tortillas (1-2 teaspoons water per tortilla).
- Combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle tortillas with cinnamon sugar mix.
- Cut tortillas into 8 wedges (like a pizza). Place wedges in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 6 minutes.
- Cool and store in air-tight container.
- These can be made in advance and stored.
- Try whole wheat tortillas.
Nutrient information per serving 100 calories, 2.5 g fat, 18 g carbohydrates, 3 g protein, 190 mg sodium, 1 g dietary fiber
Source for recipes: Spend Smart, Eat Smart