- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 can (15 ounce) low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup reduced fat (2%) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut chicken breast into 4-5 chunks. Simmer in a large saucepan with water and chili powder. Cook until internal temperature is 165° F (about 10 minutes).
- Remove chicken from pan. Cut or shred into small chunks and return to pan. Add beans, corn, and salsa to saucepan. Cook until hot, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread 1/2 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Spread any leftover chicken mixture over the top of the enchiladas.
- Bake at 375° F for 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top of the enchiladas during the last 5 minutes of baking. Serve immediately.
Nutrient information per serving 310 calories; 7 g total fat (1.5 g saturated fat); 40 mg cholesterol; 510 mg sodium; 41 g total carbohydrates (6 g dietary fiber, 2 g sugar); 22 g protein